3/30/11

Blessed Beyond Measure

I've spent the past few hours writing notes to my Nashville team members. I had SO much fun doing it, and I probably got far more joy than any of them will receiving their notes. Writing these notes brought me to this realization:

A year ago, my heart was breaking and I was crying out to the Lord for community. I was lonely. I had very few people truly in my life pushing me towards Christ.

Today? I am OVERWHELMED by community. I am overwhelmed by the people that the Lord has placed in my life. This is what church is supposed to be like. This is what the body is. Loving each other, supporting each other, and pushing each other towards Christ.

My prayer is that I can be to my friends what they have been to me. That I can one day show Christ to someone the way that they have shown Christ to me. The Lord is working through them to cause growth in me... and I am so thankful.

My point is: if you are not in community... find one. Find people who push you towards Christ and hang out with them. We are not meant to do life alone, and community (when done right) is a beautiful and glorious blessing from the Lord.

Just do it.


Oh. And I promise to finish up my Nashville blogs. No worries, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment