1/14/11

It's Been a While!

It's pretty much been forever and a day since I blogged on here (or almost two months... you choose) but I really haven't had anything of interest to say. That doesn't mean that I haven't tried, as I have about three unfinished and scatter-brained posts saved into my drafts. I can't finish a post unless God gives me the words, and clearly those words weren't His because I never could finish :).

What has life been like since November 24th? I'd say it's been strange. The ending of the semester was exhausting in every way possible, but I was so blessed with energy and strength to make it through. As always, the Lord is faithful and doesn't give us anything more than we can handle. I'm glad to be done with some of those classes though :).

Winter break was quite possibly the most boring, relaxing and refreshing month of my life. I went out of my way to do as little as possible but spend some quality time with my family (and sleep of course). I was blessed to have as much time with my extended family as I did. You really don't appreciate your family until you've been away from them for a while! The few days that I have been back have been great. I've loved the time I've been able to spend with my roommates and my friends! The snow sure has made it more interesting. I even got to make a trip to Greenville since classes were canceled and spend time with a close friend that I hadn't seen in a while. It's been a great start back for sure :).

I don't have a lot to say right now other than to share some truth that the Lord has been pressing on my heart. Some people are overwhelmed by the complex things of God, but for me it's the simple stuff. I've been studying Romans with the help of R.C. Sproul's commentary and became so excited when I read this.

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
 - Romans 1:20


Often people use this verse in reference to nonbelievers not knowing Christ, but I took it on a more personal level. So very often I start falling away from God because I don't "feel" His presence in my life.  I get frustrated with Him because I don't "see" Him throughout my day. While I think these are valid struggles that we all go through, God just totally dropped a bomb of truth when I read this. God's creation has been SCREAMING His name since the beginning of time. All I have to do is walk outside and see how great He is. Even better is that I can look in the mirror or at the people that have been placed in my life and see Him. While we are sinful creatures with a fallen nature we're created by Him and in His image.

I know this seems so basic, but the struggle I have with my faith when I don't "feel" Him is constant. This truth was so refreshing to me, because it's a step from having a feeling based faith and a step towards faith that is solid and is based on truth. While feelings are great, they are always changing (especially if you're me!) but the truth of God is constant and unchanging. So good.

 I want to close with this truth that I stumbled upon in Jeremiah the other day. My hope is that we'd stop placing God in a box and remember this as we go throughout our day!

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?" - Jeremiah 32:27



No comments:

Post a Comment